Freightos, 2016 – present
Principal Software Architect
- Architected, designed, and coded for large scale routing system running graph-algorithms in the cloud.
- Google Cloud, Dataflow, Datastore, etc.
Twiggle, 2015 – 2016
- Technical leadership in processes and architecture in VC-backed startup creating Product Search—making it easy to choose a model of smartphone, TV, etc. (There’s no one tool for that today.)
- Architected and coded scalable system using a data-mining model of retail products for rapid, accurate product search.
- Spoke and published on behalf of company in professional forums.
- Amazon Web Services, Apache Spark, etc.
- Launched SaaS pioneering new ways for companies and tech professionals to connect.
- Coded, built alliances, acquired customers, hacked marketing, published in high-traffic sites.
IBM, Israel Software Labs, 2007-2014.
Project Lead, Development Manager
- Drove a new information privacy product using OCR and Information Extraction to remove sensitive private data from documents for regulatory compliance.
- Drove the project from idea to funding to productization, sales, and growing revenue.
- Coded key code components, defined specifications, developed business opportunities,
- Launched and led seed projects, including metadata mining and indoor navigation.
- Initiated country-wide community of IBM technical leaders, for the first time ever
- Filed 12 patents in data mining, information extraction, and privacy protection.
- Built mindshare by evangelizing the technology through publishing and public speaking.
Mercury Interactive, 2005-07. (Acquired by Hewlett Packard.)
Principal Architect (Director)
- Launched and designed the cross-portfolio integration architecture for a 3000-person/700-developer company with seven P&L lines, including newly acquired companies.
- Gained executive buy-in and grassroots support for initiatives based on Service Oriented Architecture, an Enterprise Service Bus, and a common information model for radlically reduced development costs for new integrations.
- Raised company profile by speaking and publishing at leading industry forums.
- Expanded integration from Mercury across Hewlett Packard Software.
Unicorn Solutions, 2001-05. (Acquired by IBM.)
Chief Software Architect.
- Architected next-generation semantic software for management and integration of large scale heterogeneous information systems. Coded core components and guided development team.
- Filed 5 patents in ontology/ semantics
- Researched and prototyped technologiesfor long-term vision of the company’s software.
- Sold prospects on the value of the technology.
- Provided technical due diligence on potential partnerships and acquisitions.
- Established Unicorn ‘s market mindshare among business/technical audiences by speaking at top industry conferences and publishing in leading journals.
- Java, SQL (SQLServer, Oracle), Python (a pure-functional variant for ontology), Windows, Unix
VocalTec Communications, 1998-2001.
Senior Software Archite
- Architected and developed Java systems including an Internet service which allows hundreds of customers to browse the web together with customer service agents. Responsible for the server and communications protocols including firewall tunneling, clustering, and link to a Computer Telephony Interface application.
- Raised company profile by speaking at top industry conferences and by publishing in leading journals.
- Filed trademark and 2 patents in internet communication, telephony, and firewall detection and tunneling.
- Led a team of software engineers in building key distributed components.
Capella Computers, 1998.
- Developed a servlet-enabled multithreaded HTTP/1.1 server in Java, along with a multimedia server.
ELS Interactive, 1998.
- Developed accessibility software in C++.
Hebrew University and Harvard University, 1991-1998.
Lecturer in Semitic Philology
- Conducted linguistic research; developed and taught graduate courses.
- Published a book, as well as articles in leading research journals.